Sunday, February 9, 2014

Leaving the scene



Today was an odd day. I was at my grandma’s house where there is peace and quiet to get some of my assignments done. I got to work, getting a few done by lunch time, so my cousin and I went to grab a bite to eat. As I walked up to my car, I realized that my car had been hit. The driver door was dented in a good amount, and had no idea who did it. I questioned some of the guys across the street working on the roof of a house. They said they had no idea what happened, that they didn’t see or hear anything. I guess that makes sense because of all the power tools they were using. I decided to go ahead and have an officer respond to take a report. Since we had no actual proof that someone hit my vehicle with their own vehicle, it was only considered property damage. After the officer got done taking her pictures of the damage and trying to break down a time frame we said our goodbyes and that was it. I decided I would stay at my grandmothers until the neighbor whose house was being worked on returned home later that night. Once she arrived I went over to try and speak with her to ask if she had any idea what happened, but she didn’t answer the door. I went ahead and looked at the rear bumper on her truck and noticed some damage to it. I went ahead and had another officer come finish the report. He agreed that it was obvious she had backed in to my car and concluded the report as a vehicle accident. The neighbor will be issued a citation for leaving the scene of an accident and now I don’t have to pay nearly as much out of pocket to get my vehicle fixed. Yay for me, I guess?

1 comment:

  1. That is an odd day and life is full of them. I am happy to hear that you were able to figure out what happened to your car. What is it with people these days? Why do they care so little for other human beings? ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete