Friday, February 7, 2014

Audience Analysis



To be perfectly honest, I expected this class to be a bore. I didn’t think I would enjoy it at all. When I was signing up for classes all I could do was think about high school English and how many times I wanted to just stop going to school because of it. This class however, is most definitely the opposite. Everyone involved in class is just that, involved. I doesn’t seem like they are bored. They are active, and enjoy reading and listening to what we have to say. As an audience, it doesn’t get much better than that. If you go through each discussion, everyone has something interesting to say. The funny thing is that some come from a similar background, and other’s do not at all. Some are older with families already, looking for something new in life, and some are young looking to start families, hoping for something great in life. No matter where they come from, they seem to be unified. They can tell you what they believe in, without feeling like they are going to be criticized for doing so. That is important to me as a writer, because I feel that if they are comfortable being a reader, than I can be comfortable being a writer. I can be as colorful and creative as I want to be, because I know that is the kind of audience that I will have. What surprised me is how wiling they are to help. If you made a mistake, you won’t point it out to the whole world instead they will suggest a way to help you. I have not read one bad response to a reading. It is always constructive toward the author. That is the kind of audience that I see, and I am glad to be part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment