Friday, February 7, 2014

Coincidence



I’ve been pretty busy these last couple of days. One day I spent half of the day working on school assignments, and I get done what I needed to, then start getting sick. I then had to take off the next day of work to prevent me from giving it to my partners since we work in such close quarters. I really hate taking off work, so I spent that day trying to get ahead on my schoolwork while trying to recoup. The next day I realized I missed posting a freewriting to my blog, and I was pretty mad at myself. I mean, the whole point of this is to become more fluent with my writing, right? I can’t do that if I keep forgetting to make the posts… Oh well, I will do better next time. Let’s see, what has happened lately that I would like to talk about. Well, I guess I can talk about the satellite technician that set up some stuff for my dad it his house. So, this guy starts working on some of the things and naturally I become interested. I love technology, so that’s pretty normal. Long story short he realizes that he knows someone from Kansas City who he worked with that is possibly related to us. I found that to be a pretty big coincidence and thought it was funny. He asked what kind of job I had, so I told him I am a dispatcher. He told me that he used to work as a jailer for an adjoining county to us and was friends with the chief of police for the city I work in. I couldn’t believe it. It was amazing how this guy who was sent to my dad’s house to install a new satellite receiver was practically like family. I realized how small of a world we live in.

No comments:

Post a Comment