Wednesday, February 19, 2014

A Stormy Night



Do you ever sit back and watch a dark cloud roll through the sky? Knowing that it already is or has the potential to become a powerful storm? No matter what we do and how much technology there is in our world, there is nothing we can do to stop it. There is nothing more you can do then just watch it become what it will. I enjoy sitting on the front porch, watching the misty rain poor down over the trees and plants. I can feel the mist on my skin, along with the gusty wind. I wonder who the next target will be and where it will be. Is there someone out there wondering the same things? The one thing I do know is I love the way that a stormy night makes me feel. Hearing the rain tap against the window and slide off the roof is soothing. I lay back and turn off all the lights, and anything that makes sound. The flashes of lightening light up the entire house while it shakes from the roar of thunder. Some people may find it scary or unsettling, but I find it very calming. I always sleep easier during a stormy night. Why not just relax? If there is nothing that we can do, then sit back and enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. I think it fair to say that I am obsessed with sky watching. The sky is amazing and Missouri sky is never, ever boring. Nice post. ~Ms. A.

    ReplyDelete