Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Am I doing this right?



So, today is the first day of our new blog post assignment. To be honest, I’m a little worried about it because I haven’t written this much in a long time, well, ever as far as I can remember. I am interested in looking back at this post at the end of our assignment to see the changes in my writing. I have noticed a lot of change already just from the readings and responses we have done. The one big change I have noticed about my writing so far is that I actually like to write. That has never been the case for me, ever. When I read “Freewriting” by Peter Elbow I was in awe. It was such a simple way of practicing my writing, which was something entirely new to me. I guess that’s why it hit me so hard, it made me see writing as an enjoyable experience, rather than just another stupid task to accomplish. I don’t look at writing as something “stupid” anymore, and that is an awesome feeling to me. So let’s talk about my day so far. It snowed somewhere around 3-4 inches last night, so we stayed the night at my aunt’s house because she lives in town and it would be easier for us to get to work. Well, I ended up getting pretty sick couple of hours before I went to bed. It was pretty bad, I mean… Well, let’s just say I’m not at work now. This morning I’m feeling a lot better, I am making sure to drink plenty of water and take it easy. It gave me time to write this freewriting for my class, which is surprisingly relaxing. So I’m nearly at my total word count for now, so I will see you guys tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment